Friday, December 17, 2010

Get The Look

This year I abandoned the traditional red and green decoration for my mantle. I even decided against gold and white. But I'm getting ahead of myself. My process is simple.

Before deciding on a color, I unpacked my boxes that were filled with decorations. My floor was covered with lots and lots of greenery, ribbon, candle holders, candles, miniature statues, angels, and old and new ornaments.

Next, I thought of a theme. After looking at my decorations, I decided to make color the theme. I chose copper and bronze. Before designing the mantle, I had to clear everything off to make a clean slate.

The first things I put on the mantle were candle holders. I wanted height and these candle holders provided that. I also placed greenery in tall vases to add more height. Then I placed additional greenery to provide a cushion the ornaments and to drape over the edge.  



Ornaments and greenery are placed throughout my home...in the living room, the hallway and the kitchen.


Below is one of the mantles in the store. Pam, one of our merchandisers, did a great job designing this one. Can you guess the story?

I hope that my pictures and directions have made it easy for you to design your own mantle. Bring me a picture, I can't wait to see what you've created!

No comments:

Post a Comment